My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.fruitshare.ca
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Microwave Apple Crisp for One

It’s 1:30pm and after writing several articles on tasty, delicious Manitoba fruit, I’ve got a huge craving for apple crisp. I’m home alone, and I just can’t wait until everyone comes home tonight.

It’s time to whip up a nice little serving of Apple Crisp for One.


Microwave Apple Crisp for One
Ingredients
1 apple 
1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tbsp homemade granola or rolled oats
1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter - melted


Preparation
Core, peel and thinly slice apple.
Place apple slices in a small microwave safe dish.

In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients.
Pour melted butter over dry ingredients.
Mix.
Pour crumbly mixture on top of apples.
Microwave on high power for 2 minutes or until apples are tender.
Top with a small scoop of ice cream.
Enjoy!

Of course, using the microwave can’t reproduce the crispy, golden crumbs that you get when you bake a crisp in the oven, but this recipe is a nice, quick alternative.

3 comments:

  1. I shared a link to this blog on facebook - what an excellent idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. superb work i just visit your blog its great keep it up


    Urdu poetry

    ReplyDelete